Wednesday, March 19, 2014

#22: Practice DOES Makes Perfect

#22 PRACTICE



A few years ago, I noticed that people started asking me questions about my hair. “What do you put in it? How do you get it to curl up like that?” The truth is, for most of my life, my hair was my biggest thorn and I ain’t ashamed to say it was a hot mess. Nothing gets great on its own nor does it suddenly improve overnight. A prima ballerina spends endless hours in rehearsal to get her plies just right; master cellists rehearse unceasingly to learn how to hit just the right notes at the right time. I can’t tell you how many drafts of screenplays I’ve written over the years just to eek something out I felt was worthwhile for human eyes. Folks usually don’t see the blood, sweat and tears you put into something, just the result of your blood, sweat and tears. I was determined to master my hair, and so I did what I always did when I want to get better at something— I practiced. Try practicing something you want to master when other folks are watching TV or playing around.

*Every day starting February 24th at 11:11AM EST (it is said that the angels sing at this time!) until April 10 I will count down the remaining days of our 'A Call to HAIRiette ARMS' fundraising campaign. We're raising funds to create an interactive series --with YOU!-- and a haircare line (a portion of which goes to charity, THE ACTOR'S FUND).

We'll share one essay from my upcoming book I FOUND GOD IN MY HAIR: 98 spiritual principles I learned from my relationship with…my hair! (via twitter: @tanyaTTwright, @HAIRietteharlem). As with all things that give you struggle, my hair has taught me a lot about life, love…and FAITH. It is my hope you will find inspiration in these essays to apply to your own life.

Click the link below to view a fun video about HAIRiette of HARLEM and support our fundraising campaign today! THANK YOU!!!!

xo Tanya

http://www.rockethub.com/projects/37433-a-call-to-hairiette-arms-let-s-raise-50-000-in-50-days

PS--If you can't click on the link above, just copy and paste it to your browser! :)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home